We get a lot of communication from folks looking for workers and folks looking for work. Our membership consists of over 470 tech professionals in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area. If your organization would like to use our job posting service, contact Debra Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Front-End Web Developer/Administrator - Miller Center, UVA
The University of Virginia’s Miller Center, which specializes in drawing lessons from the history of the American presidency and making them relevant for today’s leaders, seeks a Front-End Web Developer/Administrator to contribute to the ongoing work of its newly-built website. This position will join a collaborative team of creative scholars, writers, designers, video producers, and technologists who together are imaging and building the next rich-media generation of the Center's website and mobile platform (5.5 million unique visitors and 30 million page views annually).
This position lasts until April 1, 2020 and is renewable subject to performance, need, and the availability of resources.
- Serve as technical expert on front-end web development by
- Providing ongoing technical and maintenance support and enhancement of Miller Center website
- Developing recommendations on highly complex problems
- Collaborating in establishing and meeting technical specifications
- Identifying and solving problems, testing and implementing applications, and providing ongoing technical evaluations
- Analyzing patterns and traffic
- Assisting in integration of additional technologies to enhance sites and focus sites toward intended audiences
- Assist with maintenance/support of technology infrastructure
- Process multimedia for web publication
- Interact with public and internal stakeholders, including training of other users
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience required
- At least one year steady experience in front-end web development required, three or more years preferred
- Experience working with Cloud Development preferred
- Experience developing, theming, and maintaining Drupal site preferred
- Experience working with faculty in a higher education setting preferred
- Certification in relevant web programs preferred
- Fluency with Front-End Drupal development, or ability to learn it quickly, required
- Ability to develop web pages with specific experience in website design and web page layout required
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially regarding technical information required
- Ability to meet deadlines required
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-oriented environment required
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices required
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment in addressing technical and related issues and to recognize when guidance from supervisor is needed required
To apply, go to https://jobs.virginia.edu, search for posting # 0620371, create an application, and attach a CV/resume, cover letter, and full contact information for three professional references.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Locus Health blends a combination of innovative technology solutions & clinical services to improve the quality of care and outcomes for patients. Our unique approach has reduced patient readmission rates at UVA Health System by over 40%. Analytics & Reporting plays a crucial role as we expand our solutions to care for many more patients, across multiple hospitals and health systems. In the next year, we are planning a minimum of a 10x increase in the patient population that we serve.
Come help us prove that the key to transforming healthcare is patient understanding.
See our site for a list of open positions
We are always looking for top talent. So, if you believe that you have skills and expertise that would contribute to the success of our company, let us know. Even if you don't see a current posting that matches your awesomeness, we would love to know why we should hire you. Many of our best team members started out as super smart and talented people that we put to work to do amazing things.
Lead Software Engineer - GE Energy Connections
Our software developers are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of industrial internet to control system edge products and software platforms. Join the GE Automation & Controls Technology team and use your software skills to develop software for our Field Agent devices and Cloud offerings.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Work in small, self-motivated teams collaborating with your Product Owner to translate customer needs into Internet-enabled products and infrastructure
- Be involved in all phases of software development from product definition to production release
- Use Agile software development practices to build and test our products using Continuous Integration
- Use excellent communication skills to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Understand the whole product, its modules and the interrelationships between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelize how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Use your strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns. Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Java, Bash and/or Python
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Operating Systems, preferably Linux (e.g., Linux, VxWorks, QNX, Windows)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- MS Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Previous system administration experience with Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of application Security best practices
- Knowledge of C#/.NET development
- Knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial network and serial communication protocols (OPC UA, Modbus, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization, e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on innovative ideas for products and processes
- Demonstrated experience working on teams that use the Agile Scrum development methods
- Knowledge of Ethernet and other Fieldbus (PROFINET, Profibus, DeviceNet) network communication protocols
- Experience with C/C++ programming in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of Intel (x86), PPC or ARM microprocessors and/or microcontrollers
- Knowledge of Industrial Controls, particularly PLCs
For more info & to apply: http://ge.com/careers and search “Charlottesville” job # 2816936.
Join Our Alliance to Forge the Future of Popular Robotics
We want to add to our team of super-heroes to create the future of robotics envisioned by popular robotics of yesterday…today.
Since 2003 we’ve been perfecting software for autonomous vehicles. We’re actively engaged in seeing our software fielded for use in driverless cars and other mobile autonomous ground vehicles and robots that improve everyday life. We’re commercializing this software platform and continuously improving and extending it. We’re constantly creating more software, building autonomous vehicles and robots to test and demonstrate our software. Our testing and trials are some of the most exciting and rewarding moments we share as a team.
This is where you come in. We need super hero chops and energy to slay heady robot problems, we want you to buckle in for the ride with us!
Here are just a few of the things we have going on:
- Writing cutting edge software to guide driverless cars and mobile autonomous robots!
- Expanding to Crozet, Virginia, just outside of Charlottesville, Virginia, where we’ll be walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and an adventurous and growing downtown area.
- Relocation will include command of our own mock city and test track facility for driverless cars and UGV’s, workshop space for making driverless cars and robots, and a brand new modern office space!
- Building robots, using and testing our creations, and surrounding ourselves with increasingly advanced robotic machinations that are guided by our software!
- Backed by Intel Capital and engaged in a collaboration agreement with Intel Corporation!
- Guided by luminaries such as board member Nolan Bushnell (Atari founder) and technical advisor board member James Gosling (Java creator)!
- Work on prestigious engagements in the driverless vehicle and robotics space!
If you’ve got passion to join the fold and have some mad skills in software, sensors, electronics, or mechatronics…we want to hear from you!
Contact us at: email@example.com
And mention the "Futurism Ad".