We get a lot of communication from folks looking for workers and folks looking for work. Our membership consists of over 470 tech professionals in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area. If your organization would like to use our job posting service, contact Debra Weiss at email@example.com for details.
Technical Lead - eComEngine [100% remote!]
eComEngine is a growing SaaS (software-as-a-service) company serving small to mid-sized internet retailers, with a major focus on sellers using the Amazon third-party marketplace. Our business model and processes are based on lean-agile principles. We seek to continuously improve our products based on ongoing customer and stakeholder input and prioritization of the highest-value activities.
We are looking for a full time remote Technical Lead role who will be responsible for assuming technical ownership over their product and acting as a mentor and subject matter expert for other developers on the team while also participating as a developer. They will also engage with the Product Owner regarding feature/solution feasibility and provide options analysis.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides technical leadership to team via coaching and mentorship while empowering team members to be self-reliant
- Responsible for overall code quality; should ensure that new work meets our standards
- Assumes primary accountability for application deployments
- Steps forward when there is a roadblock for the team in order to move the team past any obstacles
- Meets with Product Owner(s) regularly to discuss product architectural issues and planning
- Escalates any perceived team threats or issues to the appropriate party; specifically, if there is any need for management intervention on the team, these issues need to be escalated to the Director of IT, Product Manager or Agile Team Coach
- Participate in both frontend and backend development in a fast paced agile development team building enterprise grade software systems
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a developer technical lead
- 6+ years of experience in .NET Development leveraging the 4.5+ framework along with working experience with MVC or MVC, MVVM, and MV
- Full-stack C# developer with RESTful web services
- Understands the different aspects and value in eCommerce sites
- Expert level experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with SQL Server development (e.g. stored procedures and functions, tables, objects)
- Experience with ORM (preferably entity framework)
- Has developed solutions with high-data-volume transactions and operations
- Has designed APIs and can speak to pros/cons of various techniques and practices
- Experience with parallel process design and implementation
- Experience with asynchronous process design and implementation
- Experience with instrumentation for performance, tuning and optimization
- Demonstrated ability to design systems and to think systemically
- Experience working with SaaS or Cloud based products in an eCommerce environment
- At least intermediate experience with AngularJS (or other JS frameworks), Bootstrap, HTML5
Our Core Values:
- Integrity - Acting with honesty and fairness. Delivering on promises. Being humbly confident.
- Innovation - Identifying and solving problems. Perusing excellence. Inspecting and adapting. Making things happen.
- Collaboration - Listening and speaking thoughtfully. Working on a team. Being servant leaders. Having fun.
- A team of excellence. We work together and make things happen.
- Our customers matter and we provide software of excellence.
- An open mind to your ideas and innovative ways to accomplish excellence.
- Open communication and we encourage collaborative discussions to solve issues.
- A virtual work environment.
If interested in applying please follow this link:
For inquiries or questions contact Kristin Hutcherson at firstname.lastname@example.org
eComEngine provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Project: File sharing system for fine homebuilder
Project: File sharing system for fine homebuilder using as much open source software as possible. (We prefer a value for value model, paying a local programmer to build and maintain the system – versus monthly or annual payments for commercial software).
- A folder system synced across desktop computers, possibly mobile. We’d like to integrate a login system at our website, so clients can access specified folders. Folder permissions to be based on username/password. (We use WordPress for our website).
- We would like to be able to email files directly to a folder (“folder name”@ripleybeckman.com) from whitelisted email addresses. (We will need advice and feedback on using subject, message body and attachments in this process).
- We own a desktop version of QuickBooks. We want a way for our accountant to be able to remotely access QuickBooks.
- We would like some folders in the folder structure to link directly to the website, enabling, for example, a carpenter to quickly email a photo that automatically feeds a slide show on the website.
Looking forward to talking more about our project. We will consider bartering our skills for yours. We are fine homebuilders who work in Charlottesville and Albemarle County.
Doug Zink, Ripley Beckman, 434 242-2805. email@example.com. (Email would be great for an introduction - phone or in-person meeting preferred after that.)