We get a lot of communication from folks looking for workers and folks looking for work. Our membership consists of over 470 tech professionals in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area. If your organization would like to use our job posting service, contact Debra Weiss at email@example.com for details.
Software Engineer - Re:discovery Software
- Design and Develop quality software that meets specifications and design requirements.
- Participate in and develop System Requirement Specifications and Software Detailed Design Documents.
- Develop and maintain software applications from Software Design Documents
- Resolve Software defects
- Development of software applications in C#, .Net, based environment
- Occasionally work directly with clients along with Client Support team members via phone and WebEx to install, test, and troubleshoot applications.
- Assist in creating and maintaining product documentation and installation procedures.
- Responsible for assisting the Testing and Client Support teams with problem isolation and resolution.
- Meeting with individuals from the sales and demo teams to acquire product feedback and to develop targeted demonstrations
- Involvement with interface, application, and conversion design, development and testing.
- Responsible for meeting development schedules with respect to assigned modules.
Re:discovery Software Inc is an EEO/AA employer and offers a fully supported benefit package and competitive salaries.
Send cover letter and resume to Rosy Stone, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Engineer - Signature Science (Charlottesville)
Position Purpose: Signature Science Charlottesville Operations has an opening for a Software Engineer. This person will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of a myriad of databases, analytical tools, and state-of-the-art hardware for a classified government client. The successful candidate is a strong communicator, innovative software developer/engineer, proven contributor on other database design and software tool development projects, and enjoys working side by side on diverse teams of other engineers and scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from Task Lead on the execution of software systems engineering requirements definition and software architecture.
- Contributes to technical trade studies associated with design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and analytics.
- Contributes in the creation of software system application, analytics, and system test cases and test plans.
- Contributes to the development of software architectural products in multiple coding languages and deliverables for the government clients.
- Actively participate in teams working on projects by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Participate in requirements collection and documentation activities prior to and during execution.
- Work directly with clients and senior level management to develop resolve requirements, technical direction system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts.
- Contribute to the development of technical design specifications.
- Assist in the modification of company products, customer, and/or internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Implement and contribute to new software design or enhancements to existing software.
- Assess impact of changes to applications and systems and makes recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of integration plans.
- Implement and adhere to coding standards and naming conventions.
- Develop and execute Agile software development Standard Operating Procedures and improve software and process documentation.
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule.
- Keep current with latest software development tools and techniques.
- Improve and maintain the existing software performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation.
- Ability to code in multiple languages which may include .NET, C++, C#, SZL, PHP, and/or Java.
- Experience in system test plan creation and execution efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar area of study
- 5+ years’ experience in an active database development and/or coding environment
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security Plus or Agile certification highly desired, but not required
- DoD TS/SCI w/ CI Poly are highly desired
- Minimum clearance level is DoD Interim Secret
- No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
- Software engineer will report to local Manager for general needs and to local Task Lead for technical direction on projects.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Office environment only.
- Anticipated work schedule is M-F 0800-1700.
- Work location will be SigSci facilities with potential work on-site at government location.
- Anticipated travel is to National Capital Region, Austin, TX, and possibly Tampa, FL, and/or United Kingdom (US passport required)
To apply: https://signaturescience.plansource.com/jobs/131142.html
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.