We get a lot of communication from folks looking for workers and folks looking for work. Our membership consists of over 490 tech professionals in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area. If your organization would like to use our job posting service, contact Debra Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Sr. Search Engineer Consultant - Upgrades & Migrations - Lucidworks
REMOTE - US /
CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE – PROFESSIONAL SERVICES /
About the Role
The Lucidworks Professional Services team specializes in understanding customers’ requirements and architecting and developing large-scale, highly available, distributed systems for processing large volumes of data and queries. We frequently operate at the cutting edge of search, where search is viewed as the fast, secured access layer to massive volumes of data — presenting users with contextual, personalized, and relevant information and driving outstanding business value as a result.
The Lucidworks Professional Services team is a growing organization, with opportunities for growth and leadership.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect (aka Sr. Consulting Engineer) who is analytical, energetic, and passionate about delighting customers to join our Professional Services organization. You should be technically oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting environment while delivering technical tasks and projects across a variety of industries.
- Provide expert-level Kubernetes, Fusion and Solr consulting and development services to a wide range of customers
- Engage with different stakeholders of an organization to understand the information problems they are facing
- Observe and identify customer pain points, priorities, requirements, and success criteria
- Study, research, and resolve difficult issues involving Kubernetes, Solr, Fusion and related technologies
- Create reusable solutions, components, recipes, etc. contributing to the Lucidworks product, consulting practice and services
- Share knowledge internally within Professional Services through various forums, knowledge management tools and present to different levels of staff during internal meetings
- Communicate customer requirements and use cases to Product and Engineering teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information systems/computer science or related field
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Experience with related open source technologies like Spark, Kubernetes, Cassandra, etc.
- Kubernetes certification a plus
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Familiarity with databases, data analysis and SQL
- Strong organizational and communication skills including documentation writing
- Confidence in navigating across industries and use cases
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as necessary, as conditions permit
- COVID Vaccination:
Lucidworks policy requires employees to be vaccinated before they visit an office.
We are a remote first company but in certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination or exception.
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and healthcare providers. By fusing the power of search and AI, Lucidworks creates connected experiences for shopping, work, research, and support. Brands like Lenovo, Reddit, and Red Hat rely on Lucidworks to power personalized experiences that delight customers and empower employees.
Fusion is our cloud-native, ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.
Perrone Robotics Inc. is a leading provider of fully autonomous vehicle systems. The Company has been a pioneer in the space of AV technology and developed the first autonomous shuttle with FULL AUTONOMOUS capabilities operating on a public road – for the public. We deliver mobility excellence through TONY® (short for “TO Navigate You”), a vehicle independent retrofit kit for use in the autonomous transit of people and goods. TONY embeds inside any vehicle for any job, to provide a complete “artificial driver” solution that brings full autonomy in a safety certifiable framework. Proven, piloted and in commercial production, our autonomous systems help commercial, municipal, and governmental customers increase transportation efficiencies, enhance safety, and accelerate zero-emission electric vehicle deployment. With over 37,000 automated miles of travel, 30 different vehicle types outfitted, and 200 plus years of development experience, our work is built around innovation, team collaboration, and a mission-driven environment focused on quality assurance and safety.
Revenue generating, high-growth and agile, the Company is positioned to evolve the autonomous vehicle industry to the next level. Join us as we transform the world through efficient, reliable autonomous vehicle systems designed to empower lives, enable mobility, and revolutionize the world of autonomous transportation.
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our fast-growing team. At Perrone Robotics you will have the opportunity to impact a company and industry while growing your career. You'll find the work is exciting, fun, and very meaningful.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are welcome and have the opportunity to contribute.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are looking for a Financial Manager to join our fast growing team. This person will work in the Charlottesville, VA area and report directly to the VP of Operations. This is a highly visible role as you will be working closely with the Executive Team.
- As Financial Manager you are expected to drive continuous improvement through initiating and driving changes that enhance the effectiveness and quality of PRI’s financial and non-financial objectives. Provide timely and comparative monthly, quarterly, calendar year-end, and fiscal year-end financial reporting including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flows, etc.
- Translate financial data and design reports, analyze data and communicate results effectively (to all levels of the organization) to support business decision making.
- You will lead a month-end reporting process on business metrics/KPIs and be able to communicate the findings and action items clearly to the leadership team.
- Responsible for management Accounts Payable and Account Receivable processes and systems
- Drive the monthly and long-term forecasting and planning cycles for Revenue, OPEX, and CAPEX by working cross-functionally with all areas of business including sales, marketing, and R&D.
- Provide analysis of financial and operational performance and explain variances relative to operating plans and budgets.
- Provide financial accountability of R&D investments and challenge the business through the development of comprehensive financial business cases.
- Drive the headcount tracking and reporting process to support talent programs
- Prepare quarterly sales tax returns and annual property tax returns in a timely manner.
- Analyze and research variances, reconcile identified variances resulting inaccurate financial output are logical, explainable, and accurate.
- Using financial data available, perform various financial analyses that will promote clarity of issues impacting financial performance.
- Look for ways to improve and modernize systems
- Work closely with the Company’s outside CPA auditors, especially for the calendar year-end taxes and the fiscal year-end certified audit.
- Pursue strategies for the Company to save money and improve business operations based on monthly financial analysis.
- Ability to work with and help maintain banking and financing relationships and to make sure threshold meets reporting and banking covenants.
- Responsible for overseeing the Company lease property program, evaluating property options, and ensuring lease payments are timely and accurate.
- Perform special financial or accounting projects as requested.
- Work closely with the state on incentives/ tax savings, etc.
- B.S. degree in Finance/Accounting or a related degree
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft version Excel including pivot tables, google suite, QuickBooks, salesforce.
- Extremely accurate in work and detail oriented.
- 5+ years or more of Financial and Accounting management and work experience.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent financial and analytic skills.
- Extremely organized, strong follow up skills.
- Proficiency in cost accounting.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced work environment with competing priorities
- Act with a sense of urgency
- CPA or CFA preferred but not required
- Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on / getting things done with a pro-active drive for improvement
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Team player enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Experience in the use of Quickbooks and Bill.com
Multimedia and Graphics Manager
Perrone Robotics Inc. is looking for a Multimedia & Graphics Manager to coordinate and execute a wide variety of visual and digital activities to support the Perrone Robotics brand across our sales, communications, and technology innovation spectrum. Strong candidates will have an enthusiasm for the technology and/or automotive sector. Innovation and knowledge of emerging marketing and communication techniques a plus. The role requires expert knowledge and execution of the whole design process from start to finish, with an eye for visual quality control. The position must have a strong foundation in graphic design; print, digital, conceptual, with special expertise in pre-and post-production. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced environment. A sense of urgency is required.
- Deliver digital presentations with balanced content and design using a consistent design style.
- Produce and deliver various high-quality, design-savvy print and web design collateral (graphics, email campaigns, etc.) in accordance with the requirements of a given project.
- Create and maintain design assets for existing website and maintain design assets on Google Drive, etc. and B-Roll film;
- Regularly update used PowerPoint presentations for sales/account management/exec use.
- Designs and coordinates development of print and multimedia materials, including graphics, maps, charts, graphs, infographics, document covers, brochures, presentations, display boards, advertisements, reports, and other visual communication materials
- Performs final layout design at of materials, including document layout, print-ready artwork, and electronic submissions
- Coordinates print and production of completed materials
- Manages photography efforts for projects and in-house personnel and their respective libraries
- 4-6 years of agency and/or automotive, technology industry experience
- Advanced knowledge in print production and mechanicals
- Competency with Microsoft Office – especially PowerPoint, Google G-Suite
- Experience with video production, multimedia, and front- end web development and visual communications
- Experience with formatting data into visually appealing multimedia deliverables
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere;
- Strong aesthetics sensibility, use of typography, and understanding of color, hierarchy, and layout; Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible and engaging manner; Website development/ CMS skills are a plus; Willingness to work within corporate brand guidelines to ensure visual quality and consistency, while also exploring new ways to present information Excellent proofreading, attention to detail, and commitment to producing high-quality work Professional demeanor and personable team player
- A proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Apply for this job
Product Marketing Specialist
We are looking for a talented product marketer who will play a critical role in driving the adoption of Perrone Robotics products across the globe. You will be responsible for defining, leading, executing, and managing go-to-market strategies to drive the adoption of new and existing products while establishing category leadership. This is a highly visible and collaborative role, where you will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Marketing, Communications, Engineering, Sales and the Executive Team. Key performance metrics include accretive revenue growth, market share expansion, and content diversification. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and who finds satisfaction in being accountable for accomplishing results quickly and accurately.
At PRI, you will:
- Understand PRI’s space and autonomous vehicle industry and identify market opportunities for future growth
- Ensure that product justifications are well researched, justified, and structured to gain maximum ROI for PRI’s market penetration growth
- Drive and write product collateral and product support documentation for customer-facing activities
- Set Roadmaps and business direction, be involved in customer/market development activities through a close working relationship with sales activities
- Craft, lead and manage go-to-market strategies across a variety of channels to drive product adoption
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Communications, Engineering, and Sales teams to enable the rollout of marketing programs
- Develop and use customer, competitive, and market research to influence product strategy
- Craft PRI’s product narratives for marketing and enablement collaterals
- Create, write, and develop Sales Training Material Generation and Presentation
- Work across corporate functions and business units, as required
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant work experience spanning automotive or transportation industry
- You're a passionate, self-starter and eager to jump in and get things done in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Team player mentality & self-motivated with a sense of urgency
- Strong sense of customer orientation and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong content creation skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, to drive alignment and collaboration
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to confront tough issues and contribute to collaborative solutions
- Willing to travel ~30% of the time
Nice to have:
- You have both startup and large company experience
- You have work experience and understanding about the autonomous driving ecosystem
- Sales Training Material Generation and Presentation
Senior Software Test Specialist
As an Autonomous Driving Planning and Control Test Engineer, you will work on state of the art autonomous vehicle technologies. You will be developing and maintaining testing and validation methods for autonomous driving software, and collaborate with software developers to ensure tests are implemented accurately and covering the vital elements. You should have strong analytical skills, good communication, and interpersonal capabilities to work in a team and make a joint effort towards a common goal. Prior knowledge about functional safety, path planning, vehicle control, vehicle ECU, Drive-by-Wire systems, and in-vehicle network and autonomous vehicles are highly valued.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop strategies and methodologies for validating software in the planning and control domain to ensure safety of the autonomous driving system
- Define policies and standards to ensure high quality of test software
- Develop metrics to evaluate the quality of the team's test software and alignment to the policies and standards
- Build comprehensive team testing goals and supervise progress on improving developed metrics
- Coordinate between developers in your team and functional safety specialists in other teams to ensure that test strategies satisfy product safety goals and that the teams metrics contribute to the overall safety case
- Design methods that can identify software failures and that can be scaled up for comprehensive automatic testing
- Most importantly, develop groundbreaking, meaningful technology, solve difficult problems, and help build a world-class autonomous system
What we need to see:
- BS or equivalent experience in electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering, computer science or similar fields with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in validation and verification of safety-critical software products
- Expertise in verification methodologies for safety-critical software at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate within a large team and drive to a common understanding
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Familiarity or experience in the fields of automatic decision making, planning, or control. Especially familiarity with common algorithms and methodologies in these domains.
- Experience in software development with Java for real-time embedded systems, such as automotive vehicle ECU systems
- Hands-on experience in autonomous vehicle or Advanced Driver Assist System development such as lane keeping, adaptive cruise control, etc.
- Background in functional safety concept design, failure mode analysis (FMEA), including common frameworks and tools
- Experience in developing safety critical vehicle systems such as powertrain, steering, braking, etc.
- Understanding of deep learning and neural network concepts
- 2+ years engineering experience at automotive OEM or tier-1 supplier
Senior Electrical Engineer
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer in our Crozet, VA office. This role will report to the VP of Engineering and play an integral part in design components and managing the system level development of safety critical automotive electronics.
- Vehicle integrations of electronic systems. Power electronics and controls.
- Technical execution of the hardware development roadmap
- Engaging with technicians to help solve production problems
- Designing next generation electronic systems
- Management of engineering requirements
- 10+ years exp
- Power electronics design, ideally for automotive applications
- Experience programming FPGAs
- Optical sensor test and integration
- PCB design practices
- Embedded processing design and implementation
- Knowledge of SAE electrical standards
- GPU accelerated hardware
- PCIe architecture
- Electronics product design
Sr. Java Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our team. This role will be located in Crozet, VA and will report to the VP of Software and play an integral part in Perrone Robotics.
- Skilled and experienced Java software developer.
- Knowledge of embedded Java software development, sensors, and robotics a plus.
- Skilled and experienced object-oriented software professional.
SPECIFIC SKILLS IN JAVA PROGRAMMING
- Extensive knowledge, skill, and experience with programming in Java.
- Knowledge of Java SE libraries.
- Object-oriented Java programming skills.
- Skill in reuse of, extension of, and refactoring of software.
- Documentation and JavaDoc of code.
- Debugging and performance profiling skills.
- Multi-threaded programming.
OBJECT-ORIENTED DESIGN AND PROGRAMMING
- Know-how in extracting and deriving top-level and detailed tasks and designs from various forms of written and verbal communications.
- Skill in creating object-oriented software designs with consideration for Java implementation.
- Knowledge and use of design patterns as well as hierarchical and layered software design.
- Ability and interest in working with, using, and helping extend an underlying reusable software framework and extensions.
- Translation of designs into Java software constructs.
- Knowledge and skill in use of UML class and scenario/object diagramming and tools.
- Skill and experience with Java IDE tools.
- Skill and experience with version control tools.
- Skill and experience with Maven and Ant are ideal.
- Remote debugging and performance profiling (e.g. JProfiler) ideal.
- Unit and system test tools ideal.
- Documenting software developer and user guide information.
- Methodical and structured software design and implementation.
- Documenting software development and use information.
- Organized development approach.
- Methodical and structured software design and implementation.
Sr. Systems Engineer
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to join us and drive the interaction and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines. This role will be in our Crozet, VA headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for requirements generation, management, and traceability. From project and product requirements specification leveraging best practices for specification, to managing and communicating requirements, decomposing requirements into subsystems for software and hardware, and working with QA to trace requirements to acceptance tests.
- Responsible for change management as it relates to requirements with customer projects. Detecting, raising alerts for, and managing changes that crop up on projects.
- Organizing and generating documentation and diagrams for system context, system architecture, and sub-systems for both hardware and software.
- Drafting of specifications for Company products and deliverables.
- Coordinating the documentation for training manuals, maintenance guidelines, and user guides.
- Performing requirements analysis for feasibility, correctness, and completeness.
- Coordinating and performing hazard and failure modes analysis.
- Strong technical background in Systems Engineering with knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering. Ideally 5+ years of experience in the robotics, automotive, aerospace or a related embedded systems industry.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable getting your hands dirty analyzing a subsystem in the shop as when using a keyboard.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation including engineering requirements documents, block diagrams and state diagrams. You know how to facilitate tradeoffs between engineering and product requirements, but always maintain high safety standards.